Circuit Court Clerk
L to R: Lisa Johnson, Christina Hyskell, Donna Johnston, Kelly Duffy, Olivia Leonard, Joan Leonard, Debra Ollis
28th Judicial Circuit
Clerk of Court:
Hon. Kelly F. Duffy
Hon. Sage B. Johnson, Chief Judge, Presiding Judge
Hon. C. Randall Lowe
Hon. Deanis L. Simmons
Circuit Court: Online payment of fines, costs, and restitution available August 14th, 2017!
Click here to pay online!
For questions regarding traffic violations, please contact Bristol VA General District Court at 276-645-7340 or 7341.
Credit Card Payments
We accept Visa and MasterCard as acceptable forms of payment.
A convenience fee of 4% or $2.00 (whichever is the greater amount) will apply to each transaction.
Cell Phone & Electronic Device Usage Policy
Effective January 1, 2015, the general public is prohibited from bringing cell phones and all other electronic devices into the Bristol, VA Courthouse.
Welcome to the Bristol Virginia Circuit Court Clerk's Office webpage. We are honored to serve all residents of the City of Bristol, Virginia.
The Bristol Virginia Circuit Court is a trial court of general jurisdiction, having control over the following:
- Appeals from General District Court, Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, and administrative agencies
- All monetary claims over $25,000.00
- Civil Cases, including law suits as well as family matters
- Criminal Cases, including all felonies and crimes punishable by commitment to the State penitentiary for one year or more
- Maintenance of court records and administrative matters for the Court
- Probate of wills and estates
- Recordation of Land Records, Deeds, and other related documents
- Issuance of Marriage Licenses
- Issuance of Concealed Handgun Permits
Location and Hours
Our office is located within the Bristol Virginia Courthouse at 497 Cumberland Street, Room 210, Bristol, VA 24201.
Open 9:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M., Monday - Friday.
Phone: (276) 645-7321
Fax: (276) 821-6097
Forms of Payment: Cash, checks (subject to approval), Visa or MasterCard, and money orders.